Thursday, June 10, 2010

Steamed Cod Fish

One of hubby's favourite fish is cod, and he likes it steamed or lightly pan-fried, but since we just had deep fried fillet two evenings ago, I thought it good to have some alternative. Either way, cod is rich in omega-3, which is evident by the amount of fats it secretes when cooked.

By itself, cod meat is quite succulent and juicy to the bite. Still, I like to lightly flavour it with fermented black bean sauce and shredded ginger, add a little color with red capsicum (though I'd prefer the chilli's vibrant red but I ran out of that), then garnish with spring onion.

Hubby loves it, but at $11 a piece, it's advisable to practice a bit of restrain in order to prevent burning a hole in his wallet. Besides being his PC (personal cook), I'm also his PA after all...

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online