Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Wok is Willing...

... but the chef is weak. That's what was in my mind during the days when I was not blogging. Being employed and having to prepare meals each day is no simple task, though hubby helps out in the cleaning and washing up after meals (which I appreciated very much). I guess too much of western food may not be a good thing, such as pork chop...
and chicken drumstick sauteed in mushroom sauce...

Hubby seemed to succumbed to a kinda western food withdrawal syndrome (he is after all still very chinese in heart), and so I reverted back to simple soup-based dishes such as mushroom soup with lean pork, dried bean curd and carrot. 
But alas the weather and exposure to air-borned virus in packed public transportation did my hubby in and he was finally down with flu this week. So I had to prepare my meals even more carefully so as not to aggravate his conditions, such as this lightly stir-fried leeks with wolfberries in miso paste gravy...

... and the sliced fish with bitter gourd and tomato in vermicelli soup.

Fortunately hubby recovered well enough with a little tender loving care from his personal chef, and decided to accompany me for a Saturday outing today. And that certainly brightened my day!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online