Monday, August 9, 2010

NDP 2010

Today is Singapore's 45th birthday, but we're not going to the National Day Parade (NDP) because we did not have the tickets. Staying home on a holiday wasn't a bad idea anyway.
Hubby wanted to eat Yong Tou Fu so I went to the West Coast market to do some marketing and bought
the ingredients to make this lunch for him.  As I did not have time to pre-soak the soya beans, I simply make the broth using ikan bilis, yellow onions, garlic and ginger and it turned out to be superb!   
                                     
After lunch I went to NTUC to buy a tub of Kings raspberry ice-cream (hubby's favourite brand and flavour) as I suddenly remembered one of my colleague gave me a pack of chocolate flakes which her daughter brought all the way back from London.  It was a nice cool dessert perfect for warm weather.
For dinner, I decided on something simple but nuitritious: Tomato and Loofah soup with black fungus and sliced lean pork. This soup not only strengthens your digestive system, it also reduces heatiness and counters constipation. Suitable especially during hot weather, or when you eat too much heaty stuff or stays up late at night. Took only 10 minutes to prepare.  Maybe I didn't add enough tomatoes and meat, the soup was not so tasty.....  Anyway,  try it!
Here's the link to the recipe.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online