Friday, August 6, 2010

C-P-F


I'm not referring to the Central Providential Fund (CPF) which every Singaporean employee has to contribute a percentage of his or her salary to. For the past few days, I've been busy preparing some rather tantalising food for my hubby, so did not update my blog.
For dinner, I made the dark sauce mid-section chicken wings, and lady's fingers in chilli with brown rice. Hubby tasted the difference in style; he likened his mum's to lao-po-bing (wife's biscuit, sweet) flavour, while mine is lao-gong-bing (husband's biscuit, salty) flavour. When it comes to food, he really knows how to draw up such analogies!
For breakfast, I made him a burger pattie from minced pork, onions and bread crumbs, sandwiched with butterhead and tomato slices between lightly toasted focaccia bread. I even made him a cup of hot chocolate to go with it. What better way to start a day than a good breakfast?
Recently, I bought some fish fillet from NTUC and decided to bake it with fine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Side dish was sliced blanched butterhead, tomatoes and cut portobello mushrooms. For starter, we had focaccia bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil mixed with balsamic vinegar (I learnt it from an overseas counterpart during one of my company's business trip. Try it! You'll like it too...)
So what does C-P-F stand for, you're probably asking by now. Simple. It's Chicken-Pork-Fish, the three basic meats I used for the above dishes.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online