Monday, May 17, 2010

J is for Cooking

Those who love cooking will quite likely have watched the film Julie and Julia, which depicts two women of exceptional characters and qualities, and yet shared one common passion: cooking.
Julia Child had, in some ways, revolutionalized the art of cooking with her ground-breaking book Mastering the Art of French Cooking; Julie Powell took up the challenge to try out all the 524 recipes in 365 days and documented each attempt in her blog, a mind-staggering feat for a modern woman who has to juggle between holding a dead-end day job and making time for her relationship.
Both women are admirable in their own ways, to say the least, and inspirational to some extent. But I don't think I want to put myself in that kind of stressful situation that Powell subjected herself to, even though I know my hubby will give me the support I need.
Every woman has her own journey of self-discovery and adventure in the world of cooking within the confines of her own kitchen. And certainly there are valuable experiences and insightful gains to share with my readers about this journey that I have undertaken more than a year ago, and am still exploring. I will share what I have learnt, make some humor out of my blunders, and give some helpful tips on cooking and health that I've picked up along the way.
I won't promise you anything close to what Julie and Julia had achieved. I couldn't anyway, probably. But if you're willing to stick around long enough, I'm sure you'll find something useful, perhaps even delightful, that it'll make cooking just as pleasant for you as it is for me.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online