Sunday, July 11, 2010

Roses are Red...

... and yellow, pink, white and blue as well.

Thursday evening, hubby came home as usual while I was busy in the kitchen preparing dinner. He gave me that typical "Dearie, I'm home!" greeting without me suspecting, put a bunch of roses on the dining table, and went inside the bedroom to change. When I came out with a bowl of boiled fresh brussels sprout mixed with sliced carrots and dried sole fish chips, I let out a cry of delight.
It's been a long while since we had flowers at home, and I had almost wanted to get some that afternoon during lunch, but did not as the flowers were pretty expensive in Orchard Road. How thoughtful of hubby! The roses certainly brightened my mood...
Hubby came home early on Friday evening as he had some site work that day. He had indicated his cravings for satay so after work he went to order take aways for 10 sticks of mutton and 4 rice cakes (aka ketupat in Malay). Hubby loves the sweet-spicy gravy ladened with generous amount of peanut chips.
Thinking that it might be a little too heaty, I made a dessert of white fungus, lotus seeds, fresh wild yam, dried longan, and hubby's favourite qian shi (aka euryale seed in TCM terms). Unbeknown to him, qian shi actually is good for man, if you know what I mean. Hehehe...
In a way, the dessert helped to put out the fire in hubby's tummy after he almost finished the whole bowl of satay sauce. Oh gosh...!!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online