Saturday, June 12, 2010

Funky about Fungus

Hubby prefers that I take a break from cooking on weekends, but sometimes I'll still like to prepare a simple nuitritious home-cooked meal. Like today's lunch - white fungus soup with chicken drumstick, black poplar dried mushrooms (cha shu gu), dried chinese yam slices, wolfberries and red dates.

Several ingredients in this soup are known in traditional chinese medicine for building up the kidneys, lungs, liver and spleen. There's a recipe with slight variation that you can find here. White fungus is also an excellent source of collagen, which helps to reduce wrinkles on my pretty face. Hehe...

I asked him what he thought about this dish. As usual, he's fully engrossed in eating and without looking up, remarked, "I'll give it an 8 out of 10... slurp! slurp!"

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online